Wednesday, December 25, 2013

merry christmas 2013

{Bear is growing up quick!  Look at Matt photobombing the background}
 
 
 
 

 
 
mom brined a turkey overnight with lemon, brown sugar, rosemary and seasonings.  it made the turkey moist and flavorful and gave it a zesty almost wine-like taste.  i took it easy this year and only made a broccoli casserole.  everything was so good and i was happy to spend some time with my loved ones.  when you get out of retail, it makes you so much more grateful for the time you get to relax and spend with your friends and family that the retail life normally takes away from you during this season.
 
 
 
 
Matt got me this great breakfast tray from West Elm I've been pining over.  it is just as great as I thought it would be....except that it just encourages my laziness!  here i am already enjoying it Christmas night, eating leftovers in bed like a slob.  it supports my laptop perfectly too for when i just want to literally lay around all day.....gotta squeeze out two more days at work and then it will be the weekend again!  *phew*
 
 



No comments: